Monday 1 June 2009

I don't have Aids!! I have a dodgy Thyroid!

Got my results from a slew of tests. The good news:

I don’t had AIDS!!

Bad news: the doctor had NO solution for why I still have plegm … .chest x ray showed nothing ….. but I’m still coughing up mucus! I’ve googled it and found some naturopathic solutions which I will try.

More bad news: They think I have an underactive thyroid! What the fuck?? I’m 30 and I got thyroid issues?? So I turned to google once again:

Natural remedy for under-active thyroid

The thyroid gland is an important part of our body. Located close to your neck, this gland secretes thyroid hormones. These glands have an important role to play in the metabolism of your body. Metabolism is the process which turns food into a form that can easily be absorbed by your body. In some people the thyroid gland does not fulfill its duties. The hormones it secretes are not sufficient to let the body metabolism work as usual. This condition is known medically as hypothyroidism. People suffering from hypothyroidism gain weight unexpectedly. They also experience a sluggish feeling and complain of depression and an inability to concentrate on any subject. Patients suffering from hypothyroidism also find it difficult to acclimatize themselves to the cold.

Some people find that eating kelp is a very effective way of banishing all symptoms of hypothyroidism. However you should verify this with your doctor before you begin this treatment. You can help yourself by cutting down on your intake of milk, sugar, monosodium glutamate, oil, baking powder and eat fruits, carrots, malt, and barely, you will notice a difference. Practicing some breathing exercises like Pranayam have been known to help bring the thyroid level in your body to the normal level. However you will need to find an expert who can help you master the art of correct breathing and initiate you into Pranayam.

Well, the good news is I’ve started doing yoga which might help. I’m gonna starting eating / taking supplements to combat the problem too. But, I’m going to go back and do more tests first to see if 100% for sure I have an inactive thyroid. If I do, as an experiment I want to see if I can cure it myself. I’m always wondering “do natural cures really work?” … well… I’m gonna find out!!

Still tho… I don’t wanna have to be taking pills or any shit like that. But, I must admit I do feel low energy sometimes and I do find it hard to focus on stuff. But I just have a short ass attention span and have trouble focusing on the moment. Could my thyroid be the cause of that?? Stay toned…. For me NEW blog “Curing health ailments the natural way!” lol

If anyone out there is a thyroid master, or has has some experience with this, please post!!

Ah well. If I ever has troubles getting it up it could come in handy

It's not you baby.... It's my Thyroid!! hehe

No comments: