Wednesday 3 June 2009

Comfort improving a little...

June 04

Last couple of days I did some pretty solid sets. Getting better anyways. On june 3, I did like 3 or 4 sets. But they were much longer. One was like 15 or 20 mins. I opened this girl on the corner and just went straight into indirect qualification pretty much. I just started rambling about the kind of people I like and she was like “yea yea totally” … but, in wasn’t quite right because I already knew she was like that so it’s almost a backwards compliment to her lol. But, it was kinda working. We had a long ass set. She needed to move her car, I walked with her. I actually got in the car with her and she moved it… so I guess she felt pretty confortable with me! We talked about yoga a lot and about spiritual stuff. In the end she was up for meeting up, but JUST as she was gonna give me her number, I saw that litte tick. Like she played a record, and she goes “oh, uh, you give me your number” … and I was JUST gonna do one of my little “get her number” routines which I know work. But I thought “nah. If she doesn’t want to call me, I don’t want to go after her” … so I said “sure. That suits me just fine…. Take my number” .. and then a moment later “Well… if I see you again, that would be great… have a good one!” and I went on my way

It was solid. She was ok looking with a pretty good body. I wasn’t too into her. If I was it would have been harder not getting her number….

K, next set, this cutie in white. Very nice body. Ooh… me and Vince both notice her. I go in direct. Tell her she’s just adorable and I wanted to say hi. She’s like “I recognize you!!

I’m about to reply, all cocky “Well, I am a comedian you know...”

“You do yoga!!”

LOL.

Fucking hilarious. She goes to the bikram yoga place I went to for my first week doing yoga. Hiiiiiiilaaaaarious!!! 12 years as a stand up comic, I get recognized for attenting a yoga class. So good chat about yoga … this girl u used to be a hard core alchoholic. She shared a bit about her past actually .. we bonded out our pain and our love for yoga. … I finally used a disqualifier. I was like “you’re cool, I like you. But I think only as a friend. Really I only go for tall girls, you’re just too short!” and she was REALLY happy to hear that, lol. She was like “hey that’s totally cool, I’m not dating anyone for 3 years. I’m taking a break to focus on myself!” .. I’m like “hey that’s awesome… I’ve been doing that for the last month too.”

She actually offered up her email to hang (She couldn’t make my gig on fri) … I took it, and gave her my number and said she should drop me a line.

She was going to buy shades… I said “cool I’ll come along I need shades too” .. she was like “ok…” then paused and said “actually I should go alone, I’m kind of thinking” .. I said “ok cool!” and buggerd off. I was anxious to do more sets actually so I was ok…. I’m realizing solo daygame is better – you’re always getting in set, and then having to find your friend etc. then u feel guilty if the set takes forever. Actually you’re more free to do whatever you want if you’re alone (including trying for instant dates, and going for the full monty!)

Did another set with a girl who was very hot and seemingly nice. But I just couldn’t get her to open up and share. As soon as the set ended she was like “Bye!” … she was just listening out of politeness. Damn. I hate those. I think I need to get better at reading oio’s – that’s partially why I get flakes – I don’t read they’re not into me and I keep babbling like an idiot!

Sometimes tho, girls are shy and u have to plow a bit. They won’t give you an ioi … they won’t even talk

Where does one strike the balance between knowing when to eject, and when it’s a shy girl and u need to plow?? Hmmmmmm … we need a formula for this!!

Anyways these sets were longer and I really felt a connection with the first two girls…. I think on the right track…..

No comments: