Thursday 6 August 2009

Impatience is bad. Catchup with Cajun!

July 13th


learned a valueble lesson today. i'm on my bike and i hit up chinatown to get some cheap vegetables before heading to my girls' house. i got the veg, i unlock my bike and i think "wait, i should get a second bad and double bag. what if it tears??" but i don't wanna have to lock up my bike again. i think "it will be fine for a moment, i'll just run in and get a bag" .... i start walking in, but think "what if i get my bike stolen? the bags will probably be fine!"

this will be henceforth known as mistake number one

then, i cycle over. just as i'm almost to her house (like 4 blocks) something flies out of my bag. it was the kiwi's which were quite small. i notice a big hole in the bag. the cabbage is got around 40% of it's head sticking out. i consider that i can lock my bike up, go into a little store across the street and just ask for a plastic bag. but i think "bah, i can make it!"

so, i cycle down. a block and a half later, sure enough the cabbage flies out of the bag, i hit my brake and almost fly off my bike. another cyclist pulled over and handed me the cabbage. i said to him "fucking chinatown cheap plastic bags!" and he laughed.

i manage to make it the remaining way back.

now i already made two mistakes there. why?

impatience. i was too impatient to re lock my bike and go into the shop in chinatown and get a second plastic bag. it would have taken, maybe 2 minutes at the most. but i was soooo eager to get back and see my girl, i decided against it.

then, i could have gone into the shop AFTER THE BAG ALREADY BROKE! but once again... impatience on the day.

i was too busy living for the future. "i'm not happy now, i need to get to my girls house, then i will be happy"

if i was living in the NOW... just enjoying being alive... i'd have happily locked up my bike, went into that shop and gotten that plastic bag.

the opportunity to make a third mistake presented istself. to be angry and bitchy and blame the world. or the shitty plastic bags

inead, i decided to take the lesson that has presented itself

"Take every opportunity to practice being patient"

when my girl got in, i said to her "hey babe! i learned a lesson today!" ... then i recounted the days events. (comedically of course) but without any anger

oh - i met up with cajun today and we had chicken. i felt nausous eating the chicken. i hadn't had meat in 10 days. maybe i just wasn't hungry. but, i ate up all the fries so... i think maybe i just don't like meat. my body is telling me "no, dont' have this"

the talk i had with cajun was insaaaannnneeee. All about… spiritual awakening while taking certain mild altering drugs. What is “reality” really? Strange shit always happens to this guy. Really strange shit. I mean unbelievably strange shit. He seems very calm for someone who's always on the brink of death. How does he do that?? Oh, he is also aware that, there is no death. That probably helps. But stil....

Anyways we caught up some… but not enough. We hadn’t hung out properly in years! Hopefully We’ll have a proper makeout in sept ;)

sexy times!!

p.s Cajun is a hairy bastard. We looked almost identical!

AND we both like girls.

Creepy.

No comments: