Wednesday 16 September 2009

Functional openers are amazing!

Fuck - indirect approaches have been working really well. Esp when you're a tourist. it's amazing. i just do any ol' functional opener and they ALWAYS stop dead, trying to help me. then i just transition and that's it. i get a number like every time.

I think the reason it works so well is that people are socially programmed to help people with certain things, like the time. or if they are lost. And, once you've stopped them and they realize you're not a psycho killer, it's easy enough to carry on the conversation....

I think you can have like a 98% stop rate with functional... while direct is much lower. Maybe like, 50-70% depending on where you are globally. Some girls, will just RUN when you go direct. I wrote a whole article on it already, so I'm not going to go into it. It's on my website if anyone wants to read it.

But seriously, guys - don't be scared to ask 'em where shit is. Who cares what the opener is, as long as it stops the girl??? Yea, if she's absolutely stonking hot i'll feel like a douche asking her where the laundromat is.... because it's not congruent with my core anymore. But.... otherwise, who gives a FUCK? It's just an opener. Do what will get her to fucking STOP!!!

ONe thing i've been teaching on bootcamp which is great (easy to use and fun) is this...


"Excuse me... can you help me? (wait for girl to stop....) .... I'm looking for..... a clown factory. Do you know where I can buy a clown? Yeh... I know slavery is bad, right. But it's a clown, so it doesn't count really....

Now... there is no clown factory. It's goofy. That's why it's good... she realizes it's a joke, but after you've gotten her stopped by using her societal "must help" programming. you see?

Another example

"Hey, uhhh Can you help me? I'm looking for..... the woman of my dreams. ARe you available?" ;)

See what I did? By pretending you need their help you give yourself that moment you need... just long enough to get their attention and show them you're having FUN! (or in this case, going direct after using a functional opener)

Another one that seems popular with the lads "Hey, excuse me... can you help me? I'm looking for..... a woman that's just as hot as you... but RICH!!"

You can actually mix and match the types of openers. It's fun stuff. Like that was functional to funny, and functional to funny/direct (my favorite!)

but you can go from situational/direct or functional/direct, or situational/funny

Sometimes I'll admit to making something up to meet the girl as part of the opener. Like

"Hey, wow, that's a really cool button! it's a kitty! I love kitties!"

girl "oh yeah, thanks!"

"Ok!! I admit it! IT WAS ALL A LIE!! I don't like your button! I just thought you were gorgeous and I wanted to meet you. Don't hate me!"

Can you guess which category that falls into? It's tricky ;) If anyone guesses right, they get a virtual hug from me.

Can you think of any examples? That's your homework. Post 'em up, or you're in big trouble.

Anyways, hope that's useful. i have to get to bed!

No comments: