Thursday 8 October 2009

I can dive!!

Yesterday I dived into the pool without plugging my nose. I've never, ever been able to do that before.

In the last couple of times I've been in Toronto, I've improved my swimming technique. I've actually been improving my front crawl to the point where - I can kinda front crawl without choking.

But ... I still had to plug my nose while jumping into the pool. I've never, ever been able to do it.

Yesterday, I was in the pool... I'd gotten out, and as I walked up to the pool I stopped. I just thought "this is fucking ridiculous. I can do this" and I jump into the pool, head first while exhaling. And it was fine. I did it again, just to make sure - and got a bit of water up my nose. Ugh. Then I thought, better do it again and end it right. 3rd time - all ok.

So that's it. I am officially in the club of people that can just... you know. jump in the water. Sweet.

This may not seem like a big deal but... to the people out there that have to plut their nose when they jump into the water - It's a big fucking deal.

Yay for me!!

Another fear conquered. IT was stupid. I'm surprised it took me this long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i never understood people who hold their noses when they jump in the water.

i used to have a thing with opening my eyes underwater. not anymore though!

nice sidenote. gl sasha.